Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Joys of Babies

OK so Sassy's babies are a little late leaving the nest. We'll blame the weather. But last week, the one that we call Vern or Wishbone (he has a v on his head that is white) had a yucky eye. Took him to the vet and she said he might have gotten bit on his eyelid by another puppy when they were playing...so she gave me medicine that smells like bubblegum and sent me home. He loves it!!! I was back to the vet 2 days later. His other eye was huge now too, and his glands on the sides of his neck were enlarged. So now the thought is that his immune system is going whacko. I have to put very warm compresses on his eyes several times a day, continue the medicine and start a steroid on Wednesday. He is so darn cute, I hate to see him sick. This is the first puppy that has been sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment